Solid. Stable. Secure.
When it comes to risk management, Travelers seeks not only to help clients in this area, but to manage its own asset base and investment decisions wisely as well.
This contributes to securing the solid financial foundations required to meet policyholder needs.
Critical to a firm footing is thus the performance of Travelers’ investment portfolio year on year so that customers are always assured that we can meet any claims they may have to pay. Despite significant disruption in the world’s financial markets, Travelers’ investment portfolio, capital position and liquidity continues to be very strong.
Travelers Insurance Company Limited is part of The Travelers Companies, Inc. (Travelers) - a leading provider of property liability insurance for motor, home and business. The group has more than 30,000 employees and more than 165 years of experience in the industry. Travelers is traded on the New York Stock Exchange as TRV and is one of 30 select companies that comprise the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
The group has total assets of approximately $116 billion and shareholders’ equity of approximately $22 billion as of December 31, 2022. The company generated revenues of approximately $37 billion in 2022.
Travelers has the unique ability to leverage its parent company's financial size, strength, and capacity. Using established technology platforms, maintaining Travelers’ strong underwriting discipline and sharing product expertise gives Travelers Europe a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Below is a summary of Travelers’ current financial strength ratings:
Standard & Poor's
Notes: NA indicates that no rating is available.
For additional information and the latest ratings, please see:
Copies of our Annual Reports can be viewed below:
- Travelers Insurance Designated Activity Company Limited Annual Report 2022
- Travelers Companies Annual Report 2022
- Travelers Insurance Designated Activity Company Limited Annual Report 2021
- Travelers Companies Annual Report 2021
- Travelers Insurance Designated Activity Company Limited Annual Report 2020
- Travelers Companies Annual Report 2020
- Travelers Insurance Designated Activity Company Limited Annual Report 2019
- Travelers Companies Annual Report 2019
Solvency and Financial Condition Report (SFCR)
- Travelers Insurance DAC Solvency and Financial Condition Report for the year ended 31 December 2019
- Travelers Insurance DAC Solvency and Financial Condition Report for the year ended 31 December 2020
- Travelers Insurance DAC Solvency and Financial Condition Report for the year ended 31 December 2021
- Travelers Insurance DAC Solvency and Financial Condition Report for the year ended 31 December 2022
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) is US law designed to prevent US taxpayers from hiding their taxable income offshore. Effective 1 July 2014, this new law requires US brokers and other withholding agents to check the status of their counterparties when making certain payments (including certain (re)insurance premium payments), in order to ensure the transaction will not - whether inadvertently or intentionally - result in the payment of undeclared US taxable income.
Companies are encouraged to use IRS Form W-8BEN-E to provide evidence of their FATCA status. Travelers is therefore making these forms available for those of its insurance entities which may be in receipt of US sourced insurance premiums.