This page sets out the terms and conditions ("Terms") which apply to your use of our websites www.travelers.co.uk, www.travelers.ie, subsites and portals including MyTravelers (our "Site"), whether as a guest or a registered user. Please read these Terms carefully before you start to use our Site. By using our Site, you confirm that you accept these Terms and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use our Site.
We amend these Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Site, please check these Terms to ensure you understand and agree to the terms that apply at that time.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.travelers.co.uk, www.travelers.ie and MyTravelers are operated by Travelers Europe. Travelers Europe is a marketing name for certain companies based in Europe who are part of The Travelers Companies, Inc. group of companies. References to “We” or “Our” throughout these Terms means all or any of Travelers Europe and all or any of its affiliates.
Please click here for full regulatory and legal notices relating to the companies who form Travelers Europe.
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To transmit any misleading, fraudulent, defamatory, obscene or otherwise illegal content.
- In any way that is intended or reasonably likely to cause harm to any person or property.
- To engage in any conduct that could reasonably be expected to have a detrimental effect on our reputation or our Site.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- To harvest or collect information about others.
- For any purposes other than your own internal business purposes.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Site in contravention of these Terms.
- Not to modify, translate, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software.
- Not to use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, "scrape," "data mine," or otherwise gather content of our Site, or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of our Site.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- Any part of our Site;
- Any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- Any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- Any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
REGISTRATION; USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS
You may need to register with us to access some parts of our Site. Unauthorised access or use of such portions of our Site is prohibited.
You must keep your username and password confidential and secure at all times. You may be required to change your password from time to time.
You must notify us immediately if you become aware of, or reasonably suspect, any unauthorised use of your username or password or any other breach of security.
ACCESS TO OUR SITE
We do not guarantee availability of access to our Site and we reserve the right to withdraw or limit, without liability, access to our Site at any time without reason.
ACTURIS SPECIFIC TERMS
The Professional Indemnity Combined product available through MyTravelers is hosted by Acturis Limited. Your use of this part of MyTravelers shall be subject to the Acturis Acceptable Use Policy.
TRANSACTIONS CONCLUDED THROUGH OUR SITE
Where we provide you with access to our internet-based systems or portals (“Portal”), you will submit all required information into the Portal ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the information at all times.
If you obtain a quote on behalf of any prospective insured from a Portal, you are responsible for reviewing the proposal, quote and information with the principal, partner, member, director or functional equivalent of the prospective insured (or any other representative agreed in advance us in writing) before the delivery to the prospective insured of any product on behalf of us.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
If you print off, copy or download any part of our Site in breach of these Terms, your right to use our Site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
If you wish to reproduce (in whole or in part), modify or use for any commercial purpose any part of our Site, you must obtain written consent from us by e-mailing email@example.com.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms through your use of our Site.
Failure to comply with these Terms may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Terms. The responses described in these Terms are not limited, and we may take any other action we deem appropriate.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
The content on our Site is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is accurate, complete or up to date.
To the extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Site; or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site including:
- Loss of profits, sales, business or revenue;
- Business interruption;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of data;
- Loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
- Wasted management or office time; and
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
We process information about you in accordance with our Privacy and Cookies Policy. By using our Site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of material on our Site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and you and Travelers both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our Site, please contact email@example.com.
Defined terms shall have the meanings set out in clause 6 below.
1 RESTRICTIONS ON AUTOMATION
- Use of the Acturis System and any Service is only permitted via manually conducted, discrete, individual activities or via tools provided by Acturis, except to the extent expressly permitted by this clause 1.
- No Automation of Production is permitted except for Automated Processes permitted in accordance with the provisions set out below in this clause 1 of this Acceptable Use Policy.
- You shall only call the Automated Process Web Service programmatically in a serial fashion, and shall not call the Automated Process Web Service programmatically in a concurrent fashion even where using multiple Users. For the avoidance of doubt, only one User shall be entitled to call the Automated Process Web Service programmatically at any given time.
- Acturis shall be entitled to disable any User account, temporarily or permanently, if any Automated Process initiated by such User calling the Automated Process Web Service programmatically is deemed to be detrimental to the Acturis System or any Service.
2 CAUSE NO HARM TO ACTURIS
- You must not use any Service in territories other than the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
- You undertake that you shall keep confidential the Login details for your use of the Services and change their password no less frequently than required to meet your own internal security requirements.
- You shall not sell, rent or lease any Service to a third party or charge any third party for granting rights to use or access any Service in whole or in part, unless otherwise agreed with Acturis.
- You shall not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software (except to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law) nor circumvent any technological protection measures in the Acturis System and Services.
- Use of any Service shall be for your own internal business purposes only, unless expressly agreed otherwise with Acturis.
- You shall not remove, modify or obscure any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices that are contained in the Acturis System or any Services used.
3 CUSTOM IMAGES
- If you provide Acturis with custom images to be included in External Media then you will ensure that you are the legal and beneficial owner of the Intellectual Property Rights subsisting in the images or otherwise entitled to license use of the Intellectual Property Rights to Acturis and in any event use of the images by Acturis will not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party.
- You will remove any confidential or sensitive metadata from custom images that you wish to include in External Media.
- You must not, and shall ensure that no Users shall, undertake any testing on Production.
- You must not:
- obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to the External Media or the Acturis System or Services;
- use, or attempt to use, any Services in a way that is illegal, in breach of any relevant code of practice, or intended or reasonably likely to cause harm to any person or property;
- email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any Intellectual Property Rights of any party, or that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary or confidential information);
- email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation; or use any External Media Service for mass marketing campaigns; or
- email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- You will only use External Media Services to send External Media:
- internally to Users of the Acturis System within your organisation; and
- externally to contacts, prospects, clients, agents, introducers, underwriters and other third parties where you have appropriate consent, if required, to communicate with them via the relevant External Media.
- You will promptly notify Acturis of any complaint concerning the Services of which you become aware.
5 EMAIL SERVICES CONDUCT
- If you use your own domain for the Email Services then you will register the relevant MX DNS records (including with maintainers of anti-spam blocklists) and ensure that the records contain true and accurate information at all times.
- You will comply with (and not try to circumvent) reasonable limits imposed by Acturis on the use of the Email Service, including the maximum number of email messages that may be sent in a period and the maximum size of any email message, including attachments.
In this Acceptable Use Policy, the following terms shall bear the corresponding meanings:
“Acturis System” means those components of the online system for the front and back office processing and administration of insurance business, including upgrades and defect fixes to each component from time to time;
“Automation” shall mean (i) any access to and/or use of the Acturis System and/or any Service via mechanical, programmatic, robotic or scripted means, or (ii) any automated means used independently to initiate an action or respond to data messages or performances in whole or in part, but shall not include any such acts carried out by or on behalf of Acturis;
“Automated Processes” are Automation processes pre-defined by Acturis that can be used by Users to add and manipulate live data to production, consisting of a series of consecutive web service calls and other logic such as IF statements, that can be initiated by either (a) a User manually uploading data in the appropriate format to the Automation Module, or (b) you calling the Automated Process Web Service programmatically, as applicable;
“Automated Process Web Service” means the specific Acturis System web service call that can be called by you to initiate any Automated Process in a programmatic fashion;
“Automation Module” means the module in the Acturis System user interface of this name that enables Internal Users to manually upload data in the appropriate format in order to initiate Automated Processes;
“Content” means information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages and other materials contained within External Media;
“Email Service” means a facility that enables the generation and distribution of emails from the Acturis System or Services, including emails originating from Acturis-developed websites, the Acturis autorenewal service;
“External Media” means any media generated within the Acturis System or Services by a User (or generated as a result of configuration requested by the User) and externally accessible, including, but not limited to emails, SMS messages, and documents;
“External Media Service” means a Service that includes External Media;
“Intellectual Property Rights” means copyright, patents, utility models, trade marks, service marks, design rights, registered designs, database rights, semi-conductor topography rights, domain names, goodwill, know-how, trade secrets, and all other identical or similar intellectual property rights as may exist anywhere in the world and any applications for registration of such intellectual property rights;
“Production” means the live production environment of the Acturis System or any Service used for trading and placement of actual business;
“Service” means any service which Acturis agrees to provide to Travelers;
“Software” means those components of the online system for the front and back office processing and administration of insurance business that are developed or owned by Acturis or third parties and are provided by Acturis for installation on a User’s workstation;
“Staff” means any of your employees, agents, consultants, contractors, professional advisors or other representatives; and
“User” means any member of Staff for whom a website account has been created to allow such person to access the Portal.